Discover Our Kids Security System
Attend one of our seminars to learn how to protect your children.
If you are a family with young children, your estate plan must begin with a foundation that ensures your children are taken care of, no matter what happens. At Chillag & Associates, we are passionate about providing protection for your minor children.
Answer the following question: “Do you know exactly what will happen to your children if the unthinkable happens to you?”
Do you have the right documents in place for those critical hours after an emergency? Did you know that a school emergency card is insufficient to allow someone to take custody of your children if something happens to you? Does your babysitter have the right documents if the police show up at your door? Just naming a guardian in your Will is not enough!
And most parents with minor children have failed to even do the basic – name a guardian for their children. They are leaving that very, very important decision up to the courts. They are potentially subjecting their children to a long, heart-wrenching custody battle at a time when they will need calm and certainty.
Are you that parent?
Without proper planning, if the unthinkable happens to you, here’s what could happen:
- Your children could be placed into Child Protective Services (CPS) even if you have a will in place; even if you have a living trust.
- A Judge who doesn’t know you, or your family, will decide who will raise your kids, even if it’s the last person you would ever want;
- 5% to 7% of the total value of your assets could be lost due to probate
- Your assets could be tied up for months, or even years, depriving your kids of the resources that they will so desperately need when you are gone;
- When your kids turn 18, they get a check for whatever assets are left;
- Unscrupulous people routinely search public records to find out what 18 year olds are coming into money;
- The vast majority of estate planning attorneys do not address these issues, and do not plan from a parents perspective.
We know how important your children are. We make sure your children are protected. We do this by offering a Kids Security System with every estate plan we do for families with young children.
Call us today to schedule your Wealth Planning Session and take the first step in protecting your children.
Or attend one of our seminars to learn how to protect your children.